Today's Mortgage Rates In San Antonio, Texas
Today's Mortgage Rates for
Conventional 15 Yr.
Conventional 30 Yr.
FHA 30 Yr.
VA 30 Yr. Fixed
Rate Table Assumptions
Mortgage rates are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The rates may vary based on credit score, loan amount, and other factors.
Loan amounts greater than $400,000. FICO credit score greater than 780 or higher. Owner Occupied
30 Conventional Year Fixed - $400,000 or greater . LTV 75.0%. 1 % Point Charged.
15 Year Fixed - $400,000 or greater. LTV 95%. 1 Point.
30 Year Jumbo Loan - $800,000 or greater. LTV 75.0%. 1 Point.
30 Year FHA Loan - $400,000. LTV 96.5%. 1 Point charged
30 Year VA Loan - $400,000. 100.0% 1 Point.
Today's Mortgage Rates In San Antonio, Texas
San Antonio is a gem of a city in Texas. While known for its vibrant culture and rich history, it remains off the beaten path and accessible – despite being the second most populous city in the state. (Yes, it’s bigger than Dallas.)
The Alamo City offers a diverse range of housing options. And it’s a strong market. In fact, according to the U.S. News Housing Market Index, San Antonio is the 10th strongest housing market in the nation.
If you’re considering making San Antonio your permanent home, staying informed about the current mortgage rates is crucial for making informed decisions and getting the most for your loan.
How Affordable Is Housing in San Antonio, Texas?
San Antonio is known for its relatively affordable housing market compared to other major cities in Texas. Of course, like any growing urban area, housing prices can vary due to a number of factors, such as the following:
- Median Home Prices in San Antonio: Take a look at listings and recent sales to gain insights into the average home prices in San Antonio. You’ll quickly get a sense of the local market’s pricing trends.
- Average Monthly Mortgage Payments in San Antonio: Similarly, find out the typical monthly mortgage payments for homeowners in San Antonio. This will help you understand what costs to expect with your mortgage.
- Affordability Factors to Consider in San Antonio: The trends of the city will inform housing costs, as well, such as income levels, job growth, and overall cost of living.
Mortgage Rate Trends in San Antonio, Texas
Despite an increase in interest rates, San Antonio has maintained a level of affordability, thanks to strong employment and an increase in housing inventory. U.S. News suggests the greater San Antonio metro area has a significantly higher supply for homes versus other cities in America.
No one can predict the future – but market forecasters suggest that San Antonio mortgage rates will remain around their current levels. Some experts suggest that rates will fall, but those predictions are yet to come true. Meanwhile, others suggest a continued upward movement.
All the more reason for potential borrowers to do as much research as possible.
Factors Affecting Mortgage Rates in San Antonio, Texas
There are numerous variables that influence mortgage rates in San Antonio. Unsurprisingly, these factors are similar to other major metropolitan areas in America.
But due to the fact that San Antonio is a little bit of a “hidden” city, these variables aren’t nearly as extreme or drastic as places like Dallas or Austin.
- National Economic Conditions
- Supply and Demand of the Local Housing Market
- Borrower Profiles (Credit Scores, Financial Portfolios, and Loan-to-Value Ratios)
- Mortgage Types and Terms
How to Find the Best Mortgage Rate in San Antonio, Texas
Explore your options and get at least three different offers. You may end up going with your first offer, but understanding what is available for you will only come with research. Discovering the right mortgage could save you thousands and thousands of dollars over the course of your loan.
Mortgage Options for San Antonio, Texas
Prospective homeowners in San Antonio have various mortgage options to consider. Some of the main choices available include:
- Texas Conventional Mortgages: These mortgages typically require a minimum credit score of 620 and a debt-to-income ratio of less than 45 percent. If your down payment is less than 20 percent, private mortgage insurance may be required.
- Texas FHA Loans: If your credit history disqualifies you from a conventional mortgage, you may still be eligible for a loan issued by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). FHA loans offer opportunities for borrowers with credit scores as low as 500, though higher scores can result in more favorable terms.
- Texas VA loans: Veterans or active-duty members of the military may qualify for a mortgage backed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA loans often require no down payment or mortgage insurance, though a funding fee ranging from 2.3 to 3.6 percent may apply.
First-Time Homebuyer Programs in San Antonio, Texas
Ready to make the jump into home ownership? The State of Texas has multiple programs that are advantageous for first-time homebuyers. These programs offer assistance and benefits to help individuals and families achieve their homeownership goals. Here are some notable programs designed to assist first-time homebuyers in San Antonio:
- My First Texas Home: Managed by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA), the My First Texas Home program offers reduced monthly payments and small loans to assist with down payments and closing costs. These loans can be worth up to 5 percent of your mortgage amount.
- Homes Sweet Texas Home Loan Program: The Homes Sweet Texas Home Loan Program extends its benefits not only to first-time homebuyers but also to repeat buyers. It offers 30-year fixed-rate mortgages along with down payment assistance grants. The grants do not require repayment, but certain income limits must be met.
- Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program: Specifically designed for police officers, veterans, teachers, corrections officers, and emergency medical services personnel, the Homes for Texas Heroes Home Loan Program provides similar benefits to the Homes Sweet Texas Home Loan Program.
- TSAHC Mortgage Credit Certificates: The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation offers mortgage credit certificates that provide tax credits based on the amount of mortgage interest paid each year, potentially resulting in savings.
The Best Mortgage Rates in San Antonio
Homeownership is a significant decision, and it's crucial to make informed choices based on your financial situation and goals. San Antonio offers a great and accessible market – not something that can be said for many major cities in America at this moment.
At Texas United Mortgage, we strive to provide our clients with the best mortgage options available in the San Antonio market. Learn more by contacting us today!